Registration and Graduation


As soon as your application is accepted, you will receive the following documents from the International Affairs Office.

a) Admission Notice by USTC

b) JW202 Form for visa application

Students who have received the above documents should apply at the nearest Chinese Embassy or Consulate General for the visa. Students who will study at USTC for more than one month are required to apply for an X (study/student) visa. Those who will be studying here for less than one month can apply for either an X visa or L (travel) visa.



Time: Non-degree students can come at any time. Degree students should arrive before September 10th for fall semester.

The tuition shall be paid in the first week of study. The tuition covers expenses for teaching, textbooks, experiments, cultural lectures and activities.



1) Degree candidates who have successfully completed their programs and have met all the requirements prescribed by the university will be conferred accordingly a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree.

2) Non-degree students will receive a certificate of graduation at the end of their study.